- Find A Dealer
- Dealer Resources
The Patriot 16K™ - 5th Wheel Hitch
Same Rails . . . Better Hitch!
The Patriot 16K 5th Wheel Hitch is our answer to the rail mounted imports offered by our competitors. It utilizes standard rails, and is a less expensive, lighter weight alternative to it's big brother the Companion with many of the same great features. Designed to upgrade the RVing experience, the Patriot is American-made.
Part Number: RVK3200
- Fully articulating head allowing front to back and side to side pivoting.
- Four vertical adjustments from 16" to 19"
- 4" of front to back adjustment with two coupler positions
- Easy to Reach, Cam Action Handle means easy release even when parked on unlevel sites
- Fits all Standard Mounting Rails
- 3/4" wrap around jaws for a strong, worry-free connection
- Side to side pivot with spring cushioning.
prevent metal to metal contact.
- Product Weight: Base 95 lbs, Coupler 52 lbs
Footprint: 31.5" Wide x 24" Deep
Universal Mounting Rail (Part Number RVR3200) sold separately.
16,000 LB. GTW
4,000 LB. VTW
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the Patriot 16K RV Hitch work with all universal rail systems?
Yes. The Patriot 16K has been designed to work with universal rail systems.
Where do I position the Patriot 16K RV arms? How much adjustment does it allow?
The Patriot 16K gives 3 inches of height adjustment, from 16" to 19" tall, and 4" of front to back adjustment. See the diagram for RV arm positions.
Can I use the Patriot 16K with my short bed truck?
The short answer is yes, many folks towing fifth-wheel trailers with shortbed trucks successfully use the Patriot 16K.
There are many factors to consider when addressing the issue of cab clearance. To answer the question for you specific truck and trailer, pay attention to the following:
- Pin Box Location-Is the Kingpin even with the front of the trailer, or is it recessed behind the front of the trailer? Some 5th wheel manufacturer's have compensated for the prevalence of shortbed trucks by building extended kingpin boxes.
- Type of trailer and shape. Narrower trailers allow a tighter turning radius. Trailers that are built with rounded corners accommodate more cab clearance than squared corners.
- Finally, the type of maneuvering that will be required while towing. Do you anticipate lots of sharp turns while towing, or is it only highway driving with little or no backing?
|Frame to Rail Bracket Kit - RVR3201||Download||653.63 KB|
|Frame to Rail Bracket Kit - RVR3202||Download||642.2 KB|
|Frame to Rail Bracket Kit - RVR3203||Download||690.11 KB|
|Frame to Rail Bracket Kit - RVR3204||Download||676.79 KB|
|Frame to Rail Bracket Kit - RVR3205||Download||739.64 KB|
|Installation Instructions - Patriot 16K™ Bolt Together Base- RVK3200||Download||1.12 MB|
|Installation Instructions - Patriot 16K™ Welded Base- RVK3250||Download||667.05 KB|
|Universal Mounting Rails Installation Instructions||Download||3.94 MB|