- Find A Dealer
- Dealer Resources
Companion Slider - 5th Wheel Hitch
Need room to maneuver?
Of course you do! The Companion Slider 5th Wheel Hitch gives you the extra room you need.
We know what it’s like to tow with a short bed truck! That’s why we designed our slider hitch to give you twelve inches of slide, so you can have the extra room to maneuver your fifth-wheel. And it’s a Companion so you’ll love the ride.
It's removable! Free up your truck bed when you are not towing. The Companion Slider utilizes the B&W Turnoverball under-bed mounting system.
Part Number: RVK3400
- 12" of movement, for turning and maneuvering clearance in shortbed trucks.
- Automatically latches in both directions- only get out of the truck once to move into maneuvering position.
- Tight tolerances in sliding mechanism, moves smoothly without the rattle.
- Three vertical adjustments, 17", 18", 19".
- Fully articulating coupler head allows front to back and side to side pivoting.
- 1" thick, wrap-around jaws fit kingpin perfectly, eliminating sloppy starts and stops.
- Polyurethane bushings provide a quiet, rattle free towing experience.
- Utilizes the B&W Turnoverball under-bed mounting system. Pull a Gooseneck or a 5th Wheel with the same system.
- Can be removed (two people!) for a clean bed with no rails. No mounting rails means using your truck for more than towing.
- Product Weight: Base 207 lbs, Coupler 75 lbs
- Footprint: 34.75" Wide x 45" Deep
- Measurement from center of hitch post to front edge (cab-side) of hitch: 15"
18,000 LB. GTW
4,500 LB. VTW
Frequently Asked Questions
I have had our camper crease the corners of my cab and need a solution. I’m looking at your Companion Slider hitch and was wondering if the hitch can be locked into any position? Is there anything detrimental to pulling in the rearward position?
The Companion Slider slides back “12 and locks in that position during tight turning maneuvers. The 12” of adjustment to the back should only be used when extra turning room is needed. For regular towing, the Companion should be locked in the forward position. Towing with the slider hitch in the back position places the trailer tongue weight behind the rear vehicle axle which may cause unsafe driving characteristics in your vehicle.
|Companion Slider Model 3400 Installation Instructions||Download||350.27 KB|