- Find A Dealer
- Dealer Resources
Companion OEM - 5th Wheel Hitch - Fits Ford Puck System
Now you have a choice.
B&W Companion™ OEM 5th Wheel Hitch
Ever use your truck when you're not towing? We thought you did!
Part Number: RVK3300
Customers surprised with the Ford prep package from the factory now have a choice in fifth wheel hitches. The Companion OEM, designed to fit the new Ford OEM hitch platform, installs and removes easily with its’ two-piece design. It’s notable for its effortless hookup and release with the cam-actuated latching mechanism. 1” thick cast locking jaws are machined with tight tolerances, providing a perfect connection to the camper and a smooth towing experience. Everything you expect from a B&W.
- No mounting rails means it's removable and you can use your truck for more than towing.
- Fully articulating head allows front to back and side to side pivoting.
- Three vertical adjustments from 16.75" to 18.75"
- 2" of front to back adjustment with three coupler positions
- Cam action latching handle for easy release, even when parked on unlevel sites
- 1" thick, wrap-around jaws fit kingpin perfectly, eliminating sloppy starts and stops.
- Polyurethane bushings provide a quiet, rattle free towing experience
- Fits 4 pucks in truck bed. Release handles and it easily converts to a level bed.
- Distance between puck holes: 30" Wide x 13" Deep
- Product Weight: Base 78 lbs, Coupler 75 lbs
- Footprint: 33.5" Wide x 16.5" Deep
20,000 LB. GTW
5,000 LB. VTW
Do not exceed vehicle tow ratings
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did you build a Companion to fit the Ford Prep Package?
Over the years, we’ve seen a few products traditionally sold in the aftermarket picked up by the Big 3 and offered in trucks from the factory to boost their margins. Some have been successful and some have gone away. The hitch framework Ford started offering in 2010, put on trucks at the factory, is an attempt to take gooseneck and fifth-wheel hitches in this direction. Ultimately consumers will decide whether they are in favor of this or not.
What we have been hearing from customers is that they sometimes buy a Ford truck unaware that the hitch prep package is in it. We also hear that customers feel forced into buying a truck with the hitch prep package because there just aren’t trucks available without it. There’s nothing like taking away a consumer’s choice and calling it an ‘option’! The prep package has a list price of $370.
Because Ford’s25K fifth-wheel hitch has a sticker price of $1695 and because we have had many requests for a Companion that will work with Ford’s prep package, we are now offering one. B&W’s Companion compatible with the Ford Prep Package uses the same coupler we have always used, but the base has four points of attachment and retails for $1066. It is rated at 20K.
So why are you abandoning your single-point attachment and gooseneck option?
We still offer the Companion with single-point attachment and it still utilizes an underbed mounting system that can accommodate towing a gooseneck, as well. In fact, we highly recommend this as your best option, especially if you plan to tow a gooseneck. Our system (the Turnoverball) offers the ability to turn the ball over and stow it in the receiver. Ford's gooseneck option includes a bag to stow the ball in when it’s not being used, missing a feature many customer’s desire.
|Installation Instructions - Companion™ OEM - RVK3300||Download||395.35 KB|